In Betty's journal entry yesterday, she asked everyone to do a Thankful Thursday entry today, so....here is mine, Betty :)
(1) I'm thankful for my parents, their presence in my life is a blessing to me in new ways every single day. I'm also thankful for the way in which they raised me, to love the Lord, to love my country, and to have a kind heart. I'm very honored and proud to be their daughter and fear the day I lose either of them.
(2) I'm thankful for my daughter Mandy, who is just joy defined. She teaches me to be a better person and just when I think I cannot love her more....I do. She is my saving grace and voice of reason, and on days when I'm feeling like a failure.....All I need to do is think about who she is as a person and I know I am not, for she is my greatest triumph. She also keeps me in stitches with her sense of humor....oh how thankful I am for her wonderful, contagious, laugh!
(3) I'm thankful for my husband, Marv, who truly is my soul mate & love of my life. In this 29th year of our marriage, we have been tested, and although battered at times.....we are still way ahead. He offers me unconditional love and and a hand to hold when I can't walk the path alone.....he loves the me that I cannot always love, and that's what keeps me whole. I love him so much.
(4) I'm thankful for my one year old Cocker Spaniel, Abby Cakes. When we lost Molly, I thought I may never be happy again. But just as Molly taught me when we lost Lacey, and Lacey taught me when we lost Kiley....my heart has the capacity to fall in love again. None of them have replaced the other, because they simply can't be replaced. They are their own special brand of joy and Miss Abby is a pure love sponge! She is a scamp of great proportions, which keeps us laughing....and tired!!! But that face, and those expressions, and those wonderful kisses.....we love her so much, and can't ever imagine life without her in it. Thank you Abby....for helping me to smile again. :)
(5) I am thankful for my best friend, Wendy, I would be locked away in the funny farm by now without her to keep me grounded. Everyone should have a friendship like this once in their lifetime....she is the sister I always wanted.
(6) I'm thankful for my Internet friends, whom each bring something different to my table. Some bring wisdom, some inspiration, some laughter, some knowledge, some bring great stories, some joy, some sadness, some bring great recipes, some teach me about photos and animals, some teach me about their country, some help me face the scales, and some help me face myself, some draw me closer to the Lord, and some draw me into their life and close to their heart. But everyone brings me blessings beyond measure and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you.
(7) I'm thankful for this small, cramped, dim, drab, apartment, for even though it is not home....it is shelter & warmth when many have none. I'm thankful that I have a place where my family can be together, including Abby.
(8) I am thankful for music....simply everything about it is wonderful & inspiring.
(9) I'm thankful for television, because even though I shouldn't be....I'm so addicted to it and it gives me a lot of pleasure watching my shows. Okay, you know I'm thinking it, so I'm just going to say it....I'm thankful that Patrick Dempsey is so pretty to look at :)
(10) I'm thankful for Blog Spot. Even though it was a pain to learn....it allowed us to keep our little cyber family in tact, and I still have a place to rest my head when I'm tired and need someone to listen to me whine about nothing in particular, or everything important. Thank you AOL for showing us we were tougher than you!