Monday, October 13, 2008

Walk On




An oldie but goodie from my favorite rock band EVER.....U2.



Although this tune, "Walk On" may not be for everyone, it has probably my favorite line ever written in a song: "your packing a suitcase for a place none of us have been, a place that has to be believed to be seen". When I first heard them sing that line, I can remember physically stopping and saying "wow". That's true for so many of our dreams, for our futures, our hopes and plans. We have to believe that the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, or we will never scale it, I have to believe that I can be healthy, or I never will be. It's all in our mindset, our attitude, and we have to believe. In the midst of tragedy, pain, or stressful day to day frustrations, it is so hard to "Walk On", and sometimes, it is almost impossible. But we have to believe that when we do, a better day awaits us, that life will be good again....and that will never happen if we don't put one foot in front of the other and just walk forward.


Although I know you all have heard this song at one time or another over, listen to it again today with new ears, take the words into your heart and BELIEVE you can Walk On to a better day.










9 comments:

Sugar said...

wanted to wish you a lovely week, my dear friend.
huggies...

Jeannette said...

Not really my cup of tea that music but I agree with what you have written

Diana said...

How true, how true!! I just received a quote in an email from my WW leader...sorta along the same line of believing.....

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" - Author Unknown

We gotta believe!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Diana

*Tracy* said...

have a good week! hugs

LIZ said...

I DO BELIEVE WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE PUT OUR MINDS TO!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK....LIZ

Joyce said...

Not my kind of music but a wonderful entry. I believe that every morning when I open my eyes and face a new day, God has given me two choices. I can smile and expect the best or frown and expect the worst. That first moment frames my whole day. Enjoy your week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Cool song! I will have to add it to my list, its definitely uplifting and inspirational!

Kathy said...

I love that line, too. It's so amazing when we hear something in a song or read something in a book that makes us stop and say, "Oh, Wow!" You never know where your inspiration will come from and it's always a blessing when it does.

Hugs, Kathy

lisa said...

U2 is a classic band and that is a cool song too. XO